Sunday, February 27, 2011

College-4-All Essay

                                                                                       Oscar Cervantes

College-4-All
    Hello, My name is Oscar Cervantes and I really want to go to College-4-All. One reason I want to go to College-4-All is because I want to have some experience with college and know what it’s like being and learning there. I also want to know whats the difference between Middle School, High School and College. I have been in Berkly’s college and I like what I heard and seen. My brother who was a former UPA student that is now in Fremont CPAA in the 12th grade is now signing up for a college. I always have followed his good leading steps and this step I’ll definitely take.
   
    One adjective to describe me might be Captain. One reason why I’m known for this is because I am not a follower and do what I know will be good for me so I can be successful. Another adjective that can describe me might be Smart. All my grades from UPA have been a 3.50 or above. Right now I am getting a 3.75 but trying hard to do my work and everything I have to do to get a better grade. Another adjective I’m know for is for being athletic. I love playing soccer! I play for the UPA Soccer Boys Team and I’m the Captain in the team. Whenever I feel sad or mad I play soccer with my friends or brother at the park. If I have time to do anything I play soccer. That’s another reason why I want to go to college. I want to learn about the activities and programs they do, specially if they do soccer. I hope I go to a good college and play college soccer there and hopefully professional.
    One challenge I have going on is hanging out with people who say are my friends but end up my enemies. I try to avoid all that by just hanging out with my real friends who I know will always be there for me. Another challenge I’m going threw is living in Oakland in a very dangerous street. This affects me because I can’t do all the things I want to do because I’m worried something is going to happen or someone is going to do something. The ways I try to avoid danger is by not getting involved with all the bad things I know happens around me, but to play soccer, be with my real friends, and most important be with my family who I know will tell me to do good things and not the bad so I can be successful and accomplish anything I set my mind to.
    Thank you for reading my College-4-All letter and I hope I go to this trip and college also.
                                            Sincerely,
                                            Oscar Cervantes

No comments:

Post a Comment